Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hugo Cabret gets it. DO YOU?


After the success of the movie Hugo at the Academy Awards, my wife and I decided to rent it the other night and watch it with the kids. The kid, Hugo Cabret, lives inside the guts of the largest train station in Paris and survives on his own, keeps the station clocks running, and has an adventure. Good movie. Maybe a great movie. I don't know, I'm not an expert on movies. I do know this, however. Hugo Cabret get's it. Hugo Cabret gets LIFE.

Hugo Cabret: "Right after my father died, I would come up here a lot. I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured, if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason too."

There are no extra parts in life. Everything has a purpose. Do you think the basic elements of our universe have extra parts? An atom? Elements? Nope. None there. Oxygen has 8 neutrons, electrons, and protons. Take one away and what do you get? Nitrogen. No extra parts there. Every cell in your body has exactly the right amount of parts (organelles) to work. No more; no less.

You body has no extra organs either. Appendix you say? Need it. Tonsils maybe? Need them too. In fact new research shows just how much you need these once thought of "extra" parts of the body. Researchers at Ohio State University recently found that T lymphocytes (T cells) are manufactured in our tonsils. Why's that important you? T cells are a variety of white blood cells in our bodies, and are the primary agents of the immune system and cell mediated immunity. Without them, you would die. Until this research was completed, it was thought that t cells only came from the Thymus Gland. Unfortunately, if you had your tonsils removed, they do only come from your thymus gland. No extra parts. God doesn't make mistakes. Everything has purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment